Posts from the ‘investing’ Category
These “Chapters” are a step-by-step guide to safe and reasonable self-directed investing, written by the Older Guy (OG) and moderated by Orion, with some comment help from our investment community.
These posts neither serve nor represent any commercial interest. We don’t pretend to know everything, and we recommend that you always follow up on any of our suggestions with your own due diligence before making your own investment choices.
This is a friendly blog started for friends and family, and though we post advice that we hope will be helpful, we can’t be held responsible for the results of self directed investment choices that may be influenced by anything read here.
Feedback and comments are always welcome.
- Chapter 14: “What’s Wrong (and What’s Right) about DIY Investing?” February 14th, 2012
- Lucky Chapter 13: “What’s the Measure?” December 5th, 2011
- Chapter 12, Part Two: What to Buy — When and Why October 21st, 2011
- Chapter 12: Riding the Storm (Part One) September 27th, 2011
- Chapter 11: Watch List Follow-Up July 28th, 2011
- Chapter 10: Another Big Crash? June 20th, 2011
- Chapter 9: Lazy Investing May 11th, 2011
- Chapter 8: “OK, But What Now…?” March 25th, 2011
- Chapter 7: “What is Socially Responsible Investing?” February 16th, 2011
- Chapter 6: How to Allocate and When to Invest January 19th, 2011