Asteroid Wars, 2010 Beta Release!
After letting it collect dust for a year, I finally had a couple days at the cottage this summer to polish up my Asteroid Wars game for a Beta release.
Please take a few minutes to try it out at oval.ca/games and give me some feedback.
Things I’d like to hear your thoughts on:
- Obviously any perceived bugs, glitches, etc.
- General game play: too fast? too slow? too hard? too easy? etc.
- Scoring system: does the amount of points for shooting each object make sense? does the completion bonus and time penalty make sense in calculating final score? etc.
- General feedback: how did it go? did you run out of amo or fuel? did you get all the crystals? etc.
- Any ideas you have for future upgrades or features.
If all goes according to plan, I’d like to develop a new level generator with increasing difficulty and a cumulative score. Other features I’ve thought of include some cheesy lazer power ups and better sound effects/theme music. I’m also considering a high score database and thinking about how the game could best be played on a mobile touch screen…
Hope you like!